Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Coastal Living

I took Portia to the dentist yesterday and I picked up the February issue of Coastal Living.  It has a pink two tiered vintage look umbrella on the front.  Be still my heart!
I tried to buy the issue today at Walmart, but they already have the March issue out!
I was paging through it and I came across three words that describe me.  I had never known what my "style" was before, I didn't know how to explain it.  I do like shabby chic, but can I really live with all white and light pastels?  Especially with 5 kids on a farm?  No.  I also love the bright colors of Mexico, but I get tired of that brightness sometimes.  It's no secret I love vintage, but I also have a great passion for the ocean and beaches and tropical islands.  OH they just get me, it stirs something up in me.


Does that not make your heart long to be there?



Ok, these are pictures of Tahiti, Bora Bora, where I've been begging my hubby to take me for over 12 years!!  Maybe on our 20th...

Anyway the 3 little words that I read were FLORIDA KEYS VINTAGE.

That's me!  I love the vintage beach decor and I read those 3 words as a desciption of a way to decorate and I knew... now I tried to find a photo of FLORIDA KEYS VINTAGE, or at least the Coastal Living Feb. cover, but I could not.  Alas you will have to go into some random dental office or dr. office to try and find the issue.
I love the farm, but if I could live anywhere, it would be close to a white sand beach in a little pastel colored cottage, with a white kitchen, a front porch, and little white picket fence.  I would have a beautiful yard with a garden, a sewing studio out back.  Oh and I'd have my own little store where everyone from around the world would come and buy a Lollibag.  It would be sunny everyday and there would be no such thing as skin cancer, or any cancer or sickness for that matter.

I can hear my hubby interjecting here, you have no idea the amount of maintanence living on an island, it's killer, the amount of money to keep up the home...  I know honey, I'm just dreaming.  I'm sorry kids, but you are not in this cottage, maybe you are grown and giving me grandchildren somewhere...  I really can almost feel the warmth of the sun, and I have a cotton sundress on with a sun hat, and my baby blue converse.. sorry hubby your also not in this day dream. 

Well, back to reality, going to thaw some beef and do a load of laundry.

2 comments:

  1. I will join you there where you can make me a daily lollibag, teach me that sewing machines are not the most frightening contraption on the planet, and the weather never gets colder or hotter than perfect. Wait, maybe if your kids are not part of this dream then neither am I...since I just described a mini sweatshop of sorts for you that would serve me. OK. I will just come visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my sunshine...I loved your bog today Prudy. You wrote what I think we all, in our own way, escape to. I can picture my house right next door to yours. We are barefoot, sipping suntea and lemonade, I'm wearing this white mini polkadot with light yellow cotton vintage dress......ah.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...