Thursday, May 20, 2010

Vintage Betty Crocker Cake Mix!!





So I'm at Costco this morning.
I'm going down this really crowded isle, where there are...
ok be nice prudy...
not so bright people continually blocking the path, going slow,
oh sorry this is NOT a lesson post.
As I am trying to manuever my way down the isle my eye
catches on this vintage box!

I saw an opening behind slow family so I took it and cruised past Betty Crocker.
But something wouldn't let me leave the isle.
I had to go back!
It was calling to me.


So Sophie and I turned around and grabbed the box.
It said .... from the pages of the 1950's Betty Crocker cookbook.

I don't normally buy cake mixes, I make them from scratch.
Butttt.....
1. this was a vintage look box!
and
2. the ingredients were not chemical!

It says ... made with old-fashioned ingredients.
So I looked.
Yep, no partially hydrogenated oils!
No high fructose corn syrup!
and best of all for Sophie, no allergy warnings.



So I guess old fashioned means, no man made chemicals that are hazardous to your health.

Well thank you Betty Crocker!!
I've got the cake in the oven right now!


2 comments:

  1. What a great find! I will have to see if our Costco carries this, too.
    Ok, so I have to say, we think alike in terms of our fellow shoppers and blocking aisles. I'll leave it at that, so I, too, can be nice :)

    Hope you're having a super day,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love betty crocker...I have just about all her cookbooks dating back to the 1940's until now. good choice...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...