Thursday, March 31, 2011

Food Friday~ Orange Juice Plus

Happy April Fool's Day.
The only April fool I get a kick out of is making my husband think we've had another SUPRISE!!
But I've done that joke so many times, he ain't falling for it anymore.
Otherwise I'm really not into jokes, I mean cruel jokes that make someone look stupid.

I had been pining away for a VitaMix FOREVER... they just seemed healthy, ya know?
So anyway I got one a long time ago and when I finally purchased it I went to the VitaMix website and bought one of their refurbished ones. 
It is so much cheaper than the new ones and I also did that when I purchased my Kitchen Aid mixer.
Refurbished means it was a return and they put a new whatever on and slapped on a full warranty and sell them cheap!

So a cookbook  came with my VitaMix and I just love it, one of my favorite recipes is:

Orange Juice Plus

2 medium navel oranges, peeled and quartered
1/4 C water
3/4 C ice cubes
1/4 t vanilla
1 T sugar or other sweetener to taste (optional)

Place all ingredients in VitaMix (or your blender) container in order listed.  Secure lid (duh).
Then it goes on to tell you how to do the speeds on the VitaMix, but you get it, turn your blender on and blend away!
Serve immediately.

There is supposed to be 2 1/2 servings in this recipe at 1 C each. 
And it only has 52 calories!!

Sometimes I use milk and lately I use coconut milk in place of the water and I put honey in place of the sugar, you could use stevia too.
It is so yummy!

I promise I won't bore you to death with updates about my grain/sugar free experiment, but I did good today!
No sugar.
I really struggle around 3pm and I have been having one slice of
 Ezekiel sprouted grain bread (I know, I know....GRAIN)..... but it is a flourless bread.
Anyway I toast it and put butter on it and that gets me to dinner and I am struggling with no dessert after a meal, but somehow I am abstaining!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...