Monday, March 14, 2011

Little Children

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

A couple nights ago, I was reading Proverbs to the girls, it's just so full of practical wisdom.....  We started talking about when they accepted Jesus as their Savior.  Portia couldn't remember saying the prayer and I remember she did, but regretfully I don't remember much else.  So I said, well would you like to pray again?  She said, Yes!

So I held her hand and she repeated after me.....
She believes Jesus died on the cross for her sins, and rose again 3 days later.
She asks forgiveness for her sins and for Jesus to be her Savior.
And that she will live her life for Him.

You know I'm not perfect and I dont' know the perfect prayer but I know her heart was willing and wanted to.   She was so excited after we said Amen.  I said Portia your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life!
And everyone in heaven is celebrating you!

So we were done and Sophie came up to me all sweet like.  Her countenance was so tender and calm....she held out her hand and said, I want to.
I about fell to tears it was so precious!
I said, ok.
Sophie held my hand and closed her eyes REAL TIGHT. 
She repeated the prayer after me and she smiled the whole way through.

Now I don't know if she will remember it and maybe  when she is older I'll say,
remember when...........
and we will pray again.
But I do know, that every child is precious to Him and we are to be like children in our belief in God.
I am so happy that I have been beside each one of my 5 children when they have become saved.
It is the GREATEST JOY to know my children are saved.

I pray for them all the time that they will turn to God and never forget Him.





1 comment:

  1. This is beyond precious...what a treasure. I could not be happier to read this post and be filled to overflowing with the love of Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...