Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ok Lord....


Our farm is for sale.
My hubby and I planned on giving this land to our children someday.
We imagined grandkids on this farm.

But God, I do believe, sits back and chuckles at our plans.
In a loving fatherly way that is....

And so this new story is just beginning, in the fall, no less.  A time when you hunker down,
fire up the wood stove,  make huge batches of soup in your crockpot.  You get out your Christmas decor...

I think to myself....fall, Lord?  Really?  How about summer?
I am always up for an adventure, but not at the start of winter.
But there is no use arguing, I have already surrendered to the whole notion of change.
But only because it is God's idea, not mine or my hubby's, it is God's alone.

Yes, we have come up with our own reasonings as to why this is taking place.
But again, I think I hear God chuckling as He says.... ok, think what you must...
just follow me.

Stay tuned.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.



3 comments:

  1. There have been many nights when I lie awake and cling to the Lord's promise in Jeremiah. Maybe that's the point...to cling and trust.

    May His perfect peace be upon you as you walk this road.

    Blessings,

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your faith, your readiness to heed God's way. I am praying for a mighty and glorifying God to make known to you what He has in store. And if not...may His perfect will be done. I am on the edge of my seat and so excited for you! We always know what God has in store is indeed better than we could have imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Prudy ~ I know He knows best. I know He has something amazing ahead. I know these things for myself also. So why is it that sometimes knowing all this doesn't make it any easier?

    Here's to knowing and trusting and receiving every last drop of His goodness on the journey.

    BTW....stop by my blog. There's a little something there for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...