Friday, August 27, 2010

Oops, how'd Food Friday get here so fast!!

Today I will share with you some of my favorite snacks.

Before we found out Sophie had peanut allergies, we all loved to have Peanut Butter Popcorn.

Pop a bag of popcorn, then put it in a big bowl.  In a small saucepan melt 4 T of butter and double the amount of peanut butter.
When butter and peanut butter is all smooth, pour over popcorn and stir with a big spoon.  Have a paper towel with you when you eat this.  Sometimes we would throw M & M's in there too.

Another favorite thing the girls and I like to eat is chocolate covered pretzels.  But I don't like to spend the money on the ones at the store.  So I buy a bag of pretzels and then I take a glass measuring cup and put about 2 cups chocolate chips in it and microwave it for a minute at a time, stirring after every minute.

When the chocolate chips are melted I take a pretzel and dip it in and scrape it at the top of the measuring cup.  I then put the pretzels on wax paper on a cookie sheet to cool, then I put the cookie sheet in the fridge to set the chocolate.
They are so good!  You can try this with potato chips too!

Do you guys have any favorite snacks like this?

2 comments:

  1. hi hun!! i got your bookmark, thanks!! i'm behind on you for this week:( sorry! i'm going out of town tomorrow and am gonna look for a goodie for ya!!

    did you get my card and postcard? what do you wanna do for the "anything goes" week this week??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter popcorn? Are you kidding me? Two of my favorites. This will end up being on the top of my snack list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...