Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Home



Don't you love seeing inside someone's home?  Whether it's on a blog or your driving through a neighborhood at night and someone has left the drapes open.  If they have the lights on you can see into their world.  I love seeing kitchens, I wonder what they are doing?  Or sometimes they have the TV on in the family room.  It makes me want to rush home and snuggle on the couch with my kids and hubby.



This is my hallway you are looking at.  When we bought our vintage farm house it was in need of tender loving decorative care.  Every wall was covered in either 1972 wallpaper or wood paneling.  We have a very extra long hallway, incredibly long.  It took me days to strip that hallway wallpaper.  While stripping wallpaper I ended up damaging the walls.  I just thought how can this hallway ever be anything nice to look at?  I ended up putting on a paint/glaze treatment, but it was just a long boring hall of yellow.



So one day I was reading a magazine and I saw a lady had painted flowers in her dining room.  I thought it was so unique.  So I said to myself, I can do that!  So I set out drawing flowers in my hallway.  First I draw them in pencil then I bring all my little bottles of arcrylic paints out, lay down a sheet and get painting.  Oh and I always have a cup of Good Earth iced tea too.



I have been painting these flowers over the last 6 years.  I am going slow, but I have to be in a flower drawing mood.  I am almost done with one side of the hallway.  On the other side I wrote my favorite Bible verses.  Ephesians 3:14-21 For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

 

I have also written the words to some of my favortie hymns.  One of them being There is a Fountain.
It is so beautiful, we sang it at my mom's funeral, I cannot sing it without crying, not only for my mom, but at the words and their truth of what my Savior has done for me!

There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Immanuel's veins, and sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains.
The dying thief rejoiced to see that fountain in his day and there may I , though vile as he, wash all my sins away.
Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood shall never lose its power, till all the ransomed church of God be saved to sin no more.
E'er since by faith I saw the stream Thy flowing wounds supply, Redeeming love has been my theme and shall be till I die.
When this poor lisping, stamm'ring tongue lies silent in the grave, Then in a nobler, sweeter song I'll sing Thy power to save!
by: William Cowper

Don't you love that hymn?  Didn't it touch your heart?  I hope it did :)

3 comments:

  1. Love your original flowers so bright and cheerful. Great Job! Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a personal, artistic touch! It looks so joyful and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your hallway. In fact when I was there that wonderful November when you flew me out for an early b-day present, I videotaped it so I could show my girls how pretty is was.
    You hands do fabulous art. It is a gift I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...