Friday, January 29, 2010

BLACK BEAN SOUP

Alright, this really is NOT a food blog!  But I cannot help myself, this soup was so yummy  and good for you I had to post the recipe.  Pardon the messy bowl, but this picture was after I had already eaten a bowl and had just gotten my second serving.


This soup has 21 grams of fiber per serving!  Fiber is sooooooo good for you, eat up!

BLACK BEAN SOUP

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 C diced celery (i didn't add this)
1/2 C minced onion
1/4 C chopped green bell pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
2 C (low sodium) chicken broth, or veggie broth
1 C water
3-15oz. cans low sodium black beans, rinsed & drained
One 15 oz. can low sodium stewed or diced tomatoes
(I used tomato sauce, cuz I don't like tomatoes)

Heat oil in medium stockpot over medium heat.  Add celery, minced onion, and bell pepper.  Cook about 10 minutes until tender.  Add garlic and next 4 ingredients; cook 3 more minutes.  Add broth, water, beans, and tomatoes.  Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15-30 minutes.

Let me know how you like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...