Monday, January 30, 2012

Stuffed Pasta Shells~ cheesecake~ Just Life

Remember this recipe?  It is sooooo good, that's what I'm making for dinner tonight!  What is your family having?

I have been so busy lately, I would sure love to read this post on cooking with cast iron.  I have a cast iron frying pan, that I know I am not taking care of properly.

What have I been busy doing?  Well a big chunk of my time has been making cheesecakes!  I know.... but they are so so good.  I am now addicted to cheesecake.  But the good thing is there is no grains in cheesecake, well pretend there is no graham cracker crust :)  Soon I will post my favorite cheesecake recipe.  I have made them all, with sour cream, without sourcream.  In a water bath, without a water bath.  I've made ginger cookie crust cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake, and regular cheesecake.

My sweet children have all been sick, so sick we didn't even celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary and had a LAME party for Lauren's 16th birthday.  But I can't complain, how can you, it's just life.  And then I found out horrible news on Sunday an old school friend from 6th grade, died of colon cancer.  So really I am just grateful to be alive.

With  a hint of sadness, I quickly sifted through my maternity clothes...I am passing them on to my cousin who is just starting that phase of life.  Me?  I am about to turn 40, so that door is closed, and happily so.  But I am not sure how I am feeling about this new decade.  A part of me is excited, but that is mixed with sadness, gratefulness, confusion....

Sadness because my oldest child will be moving out soon.  My next child is graduating and starting college this year.  My third is now 16 and driving.

Grateful to God, He gave me those last 2 stragglers!  Or I would have had a completely empty nest in the next couple years.

Confused because I am not sure, what now?  Of course I keep sewing, but have yet to find those fabulous sale venues here in Minnesota.  Am I to keep selling Lollibag's?  I sure hope so, I really enjoy it.  I will just keep at it, being a wife, mom, baker, sewer, friend.

Advice welcome from those who have gone before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...