Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY deoderant

I have always wanted to use a natural, not bad for you deoderant.  I have tried all of the "natural" ones, they just plain don't work.  I always have hope when I see a brand I haven't tried, but nope.  So I was sure this homemade deoderant would just be another thing to add to my list of tried and failed.

Boy was I suprised!  I kept smelling my pits all day, it really works!  And you know those days you forget to apply deoderant and you stink?  No problem for this deoderant.

Here is the recipe:

6 tablespoons organic coconut oil, I use Tropical Traditions
1/4 C organic cornstarch
1/4 C baking soda

Mix cornstarch and baking soda in a bowl. Then add coconut oil.  With the back of a spoon mix ingredients together.  Mix for several minutes until you have a very smooth mixture without any crumbling.
This makes quite a bit, I bought two small containers with lids and filled them with deoderant and gave one to my daughter.  Apply it with your fingers.

I never have to buy deoderant again!  Please let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Morning sweet one...this looks like a wonderful idea...thank you for sharing. I just might give it a go...hope your are well and 2012 is filled with oooodles of sweet blessings for you and your darling family. oxxo Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just keep picturing you smelling your pits all day long. I needed this laugh. Thanks Prudy!

    Happy New Year sweet girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...