Friday, September 10, 2010

Food Friday~Pot Roast Complete

I got this recipe out of my huge cookbook:  Fix it and Forget it Big Cookbook

Of course I altered it, so this is the way I do this recipe.

3-3 1/2 lb. arm roast, boneless (I use chuck roast with bone, cuz that was all I had)
2 large onions sliced
1/2 C brown sugar
1/3 C soy sauce (I used Bragg liquid seasoning)
1/3 C cider vinegar
2 bay leaves
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger (I used ground ginger, didn't have fresh)

Place meat, topped with onions, in slow cooker.
Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar.  Pour over beef.
Add bay leaves, garlic, and ginger.
Cover.  Cook on high for 6-7 hours

Mix cornstarch with 1/2 C broth from slow cooker.  Return to slow cooker.
Cover. Cook 10 min. more.
Server over brown rice.

When I cook this it smells so good, even the garage outside smells like roast.

1 comment:

  1. Just made this last week. Almost exact same recipe. One of our favorites and it does send a delicious smell wafting everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...