Monday, December 28, 2009

what is a vintage mom?

Well I have decided within the last year that, that is what I am. I do not always feel vintage or like it. But... since I love all things vintage I've decided I should embrace it.

I feel like I've been a mother FOREVER! In some ways I have been. My oldest son was born when I was 18, just 3 months out of high school. I have always wanted to be a young, hip mom, and I was for a long time. But lately I have noticed my kids don't think so.... HUH???? I have realized alot of things after the age of 35, mostly light bulb moments of , Oh that is how my mom felt!

My teenage boys no longer want to hang out with me, my teenage daughter does not think I am fashionable anymore and my 7 yr old thinks I am old.
But I still feel like I'm 22, I tell them! So this is what my mom meant when she said that.

I was wandering through Macy's on Sunday, with no kids :) And I felt lost, I didn't fit into the loud music, teenybopper section with the screenprinted glitter t-shirts, but I am really not ready to shop in the Charter Club section.. no way..
so in my confusion I headed to the purses and cosmetics, I always feel at home there. Yes I did come home with a new purse, wallet, lipgloss, and eyeshadow and that was pure bliss.
I am getting off track here... sometimes I feel so worn out, frustrated, confused, being a mom is hard, hard work. Some days I truly feel the horrible side of vintage. But other days I feel the wonderful side of vintage, like, I have earned these gray hairs starting to pop up, and I have earned that pooch on my stomache by giving birth to 5 wonderful gifts from God. And at that moment I feel every ounce of frustration and all the tears and worry is all worth it. I feel weathered and worn and aged, all things I look for in a great vintage item. So when I feel that way, I am going to embrace it and remember.. you only get this way after many years of use or "service" as a mother. I love being able to say I've been a mom for 19 years! I love saying I am the proud mother of 5 children! Yes, I am a vintage mom!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...