Friday, September 2, 2011

Treasures

Today my 15 year old daughter was on facebook live chatting with some of her facebook friends.  Her and I had just gotten done talking......I said to her remember the most important thing is to share the gospel!  Ask someone if they know where they are going when they die, and then you can tell them how to get to heaven.

Now...... I said that thinking well, she probably won't do it, but at least I am telling her to and maybe someday she will!  Not so, she made quick work of it!  She immediately put her status as: Is Jesus YOUR Savior?
And then she asked a boy through live chat if he knew Jesus as his Savior.  He responded with curse words and insults and told her she was a whore and what's up with this f'ing Jesus crap...

So I showed her this verse:

Matthew 5:11-12
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.  Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I then explained to her that everytime she tells someone about Jesus, she is "storing" up rewards in heaven.

Matthew 6:19-21
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


I don't know about you, but my heart is so longing for home.  Home with my Savior.  I have lots of exciting things going on in my life, but I will gladly leave it behind to go home.  But then I think of all my unsaved family and friends and I know there is much work to be done here.

God has been whispering the treasure verse in my mind for months and months, it is always popping into my thoughts.  That tells me I need to do more, to be about His work.  I pray God will give me boldness to do just that!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Lauren! I'll pray for even more boldness for her. Glad you shared that verse with her after she was ridiculed. My sister shared that verse with me, when I was made fun of for loving Jesus. It made it all worth it, to hear that God sees, and he rewards us for those times. God is soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...