Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I just read Wheat Belly


I was on a Target shopping trip when I wandered through the book section, I normally don't buy books on my grocery shopping trips but this caught my eye and I flipped through it real quick and I knew I had to get it.

It is quite shocking really.  Wheat is the one thing I have never experimented with.  Because everyone, Dr.s, etc... say whole grains, wheat are good for you.  After all I only buy organic.  But this book says otherwise and it is written by a cardiologist.

I have been wheat free for a couple weeks and it really has not been that hard!  If I want a tuna sandwich I put the tuna in a cabbage leaf.  I will admit I am having a hard time with giving up croutons for my salads, so I still put them on but I find I can eat the salad and only have a couple and when I'm done, I have a bowl of croutons left.  Must be an emotional tie to croutons!

The real shocker is reading labels as you are grocery shopping, seeing everything that has wheat!  Even tomato soup has wheat! 

Anyway my husband is doing this with me also, and I've sort of put my girls on it, you know I don't make them because they have to have lunches for school and sometimes they just need to bring fishy crackers.  One of my girls has Tourettes and I have noticed the less wheat she has the less tic's she has.  Now that is amazing!  Cutting out sugar didn't even do that for her!

Let me know what you think!  Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. We've been very aware of wheat since my oldest (9-1/2) was diagnosed with allergies including wheat at 9 months old...so thankful for the proliferation of gluten free products for him, and the health he has brought us...tho I still partake of not so healthy products now and then=)Happyy eating! Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!! Hope you are having a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter was just telling me this the other day...good for you..let me know how it works.
    Hope you are wonderful my friend..I really missed seeing you this year...come visit me in Vancouver!!! xoxo HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...